The third Wednesday of November each year marks Botox Cosmetic Day. This significant day is meant to recognize the impact of Botox on American life and on the world in general. However, many don’t realize the significance of Botox outside of aesthetics. Botox has many differing uses medicinally, beyond the widely known aesthetics purpose. Additionally, more clinical studies are currently underway to determine all of the uses for Botox!
Botox, when used correctly by a reliable doctor, can get you the younger, healthy-looking skin you’ve always dreamed of keeping as you age. When working with someone like Dr. Jatto, your desired natural-looking, amazing results can become a reality. All over the world, Botox is increasing in popularity. In fact, in 2019 there were over 6.2 million Botox treatments administered all over the world!
History of Botox
Botox has been in use since the late 1980s, when Canadian ophthalmologist Jean Carruthers and her dermatologist husband Alastair used it for the first time for cosmetic uses. Since 1989, Botox has been approved for therapeutic uses for patients suffering from Blepharospasm and Strabismus.
From there, more uses of Botox were discovered. In 2000, Botox was found to help provide relief to those with chronic headaches.
This year, Botox celebrates 20 years of being an FDA approved product!
Common Uses of Botox
While the most commonly known use of Botox is to combat wrinkles, there are other medicinal reasons to consider Botox!
- Chronic migraines/headaches
- Excessive underarm sweating
- Overactive bladder
- Crossed eyes
- Severe neck spasms
All the above uses for Botox are FDA approved! Ask your doctor today if you think Botox could help with any of those symptoms. The medicinal value that Botox brings to the table is much greater than simply preventing wrinkles.
Ways to Celebrate Botox Cosmetic Day
- Get a Botox Treatment
- Make sure to choose a trusted doctor for your treatment! If you have any concerns before getting Botox, talk to your doctor. They will be able to answer any questions and assuage any concerns.
- Share Your Results
- If you’ve gotten Botox in the past, embrace it! Share your results to help destigmatize Botox. By sharing successful results, you can help others overcome fears of the horror stories commonly paraded in the media.
- Make it a Self-Care Day
- Once you’ve gotten your Botox appointment scheduled or even completed, take the rest of the day as a self-care day! Self-care is important not only to your emotional and mental health, but also to your overall physical health. Make sure you are taking the time to take care of yourself.
Are you ready to discuss Botox treatments? Whether you have questions or are ready to schedule your appointment, call Jatto Wellness Center today at 717-553-2474 or contact us!