& Wellness Center
Providing comprehensive Health care
Jatto Internal Medicine and Wellness Center was created out of a strong desire to improve the delivery of comprehensive medical care in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to form a strong partnership with patients in order to help them achieve a balanced, healthy lifestyle and exceed expectations in the delivery of excellent quality and comprehensive medical care.
About the Founding Doctor
Claudette Gbemudu-Jatto, M.D., F.A.C.P., is the first African American woman to own and operate an Internal Medicine & Wellness Practice in all of Harrisburg and has received numerous awards and acclamation over the years. Before coming to Harrisburg, Dr. Jatto completed her medical training at Ahmadu Bello University medical school in Zaria, Nigeria. She interned at Howard University Hospital in Washington D.C. and proceeded to complete her internal medicine residency at Georgetown program at D.C. General Hospital. She has practiced as an internist since 2000 in south central Pennsylvania providing acute care in the hospital setting while maintaining an active outpatient practice.
Dr. Jatto’s Licenses & Certifications:
- Board Certified American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certified
- Medication Assisted Treatment Waiver from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Advanced Injector Botox, Filler, PDO Threads, Laser, Mesotherapy from the Esthetic Skin Institute in Florida
An Award-Winning Doctor in Harrisburg
In addition to her licenses and certifications, Dr. Jatto has won the following awards:
- 2023 – Readers’ Choice Best Place That Helps You Lose Weight in Harrisburg, issued by Harrisburg Magazine
- 2019 and 2021 – “Simply the Best” Aesthetic Physician in Harrisburg, issued by Harrisburg Magazine
- 2018 – Physician and Mental Health Leader, issued by Harrisburg Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
- 2012 – Recognized as First African American Female to own and operate an internal medicine/wellness practice in Harrisburg, issued by the mayor of Harrisburg
- 2010 – Diabetes Recognition award
- 2009 – National Committee for Quality Assurance award
Dr. Jatto is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and has participated each year since 2000 in the annual academic sessions of the organization. She also currently serves on the Board of Directors for South Central Pennsylvania Sickle Cell Council.
She is an active staff member of Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center Camp Hill and Harrisburg Hospital with admitting privileges in both locations.
Dr Jatto constantly strives to learn, share, teach and empower her patients with knowledge about their health in order to help them attain their own unique health plans, allowing them to be in control of their own wellness journey. Her style of medicine is to look at the root cause of the problem and create a comprehensive plan that utilizes lifestyle medicine as the core of every treatment protocol.
Our mission as a practice is to establish an excellent outpatient adult medicine practice and provide comprehensive medical care that improves the health and well-being of all our patients.
- Electronic prescriptions
- Personalized patient care with current trends
- Using CCHIT Certified Electronic Health Records
- Modern and updated wellness center
- State-of-the-art technology including patient portal
Get in touch, find an answer or tell us what you think – we are always here to help. Contact Us